First of all we would like to say that some silence in blog was connected with very hard work, part of which is our beloved 3D-engine at its 5th version. Now we can tell that new architecture was worth working on it. With a great pleasure we created these two small demos for you, to show engine abilities.
Alternativa3D tech specs:
- Signals system — only nesessary calculations;
- BSP — quality polygon sorting, “sharp” crossings;
- n-gons support;
- reusing layers (only changed regions redrawing, polygons are independent);
- objects hierarchy;
- only necessary matrix, coords and UVs recalculating;
- perspective correction — dynamic triangulation;
- collision detection.
Isometric mode was also optimized and now works much faster.
And this is not all. In a future we’ll create and implement some new features::
- dynamic lighting and shadows (point and directional lights);
- bump lighting;
- parallax mapping;
- automatic UV-mapping;
- sprites, 3D-sprites;
- sprite lighting;
- texture objects;
- Global Illumination imitation;
- sprite pre-render system (phases render on server using uploaded 3D-models);
- animation system (including inverse kinematics);
- 3D-objects interactivity;
- physics simulation.
Besides that, Alternativa3D engine is already adapted for coming Flash Player 10. Texture correction and lighting will work faster.
This technology applications are rather wide::
- 3D online first- and third person games;
- architecture visualisation;
- multyuser entertainment media;
- advertising (including “3D-banners”);
- science фand educational interactive projects.
We hope that you share our passion. It is spring outside, everything grows and develops, so we are.